On Friday 20th Nov at 12:32 and Thursday 26th November 2015 customers on EasyCallNow complained of one or more symptoms, such as slow response, bad call quality, the inability to finish calls or agent logout. This was caused by an unrelated UK service provider sending a large number of short UDP packets to a server on the easy call now system. This was blocked, and service returned to normal. We are working with the service provider to understand what caused this traffic to be sent.
Timeline - Friday 20th
- 12:25 - some easy call now customers report being logged out.
- 12:35 - service restored.
Timeline - Thursday 26th
- 10:30 - some easy call now customers report being logged out, frozen screens, bad call quality.
- 11:30 - service resolved
- Service was restored by blocking the high packet per second source on the central firewall.
- We are working with the service provider to understand what caused their network to behave as it did. In the meantime, their traffic remains blocked.
We apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience caused.